The Knox County Grand Jury handed down the following indictments on Jan. 27.
- Roy Powell, age 41 of Barbourville, was indicted on three counts of second degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and three counts of theft by deception under $500 by uttering a check bearing the forged signature of Jason Engle.
- Tim Jason Engle, 33, of Barbourville, and Vernon Jason Grubb, 32, of Gray, were indicted on one count receiving a stolen firearm by knowingly receiving and possessing firearms which had been stolen from Marty and Miranda Abner. Grubb was indicted on one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Engle was indicted of one count of driving a motor vehicle while license is revoked or suspended, first offense, by operating a motor vehicle on public highways after his license had been revoked or suspended. Engle was also indicted on one count of failure of non-owner operator to maintain required automobile insurance by failing to maintain required insurance on a motor vehicle, driven on public road ways required by law.
• Angela Taylor, 40, of Barbourville, was indicted on one count of theft by unlawful taking of the value of $500 or more, but less than $10,000 by knowingly taking jewelry, Xbox games and other items valuing more than $500 but less than $10,000 owned by Heather and Shawn Gray.
- Donna K. Bays, 41, of Bryants Store, and David A Bays, age 37, of Bryants Store, were indicted on one count of robbery in the first degree by using physical force upon and causing physical injury to Dennis Graham while in the course of committing a theft; Further Donna A. and David A. Bays were indicted on one count of first degree assault upon Dennis Graham by striking him with a baseball bat and thereby causing serious injury; Further Donna A. and David A. Bays were indicted on one count of first degree by knowingly and unlawfully entering the residence of Dennis Graham while armed with a deadly weapon and causing physical injury to graham therein with the intent to commit a crime.
- Farmer Sizemore, Jr., 33 of Gray, Brenda Allsup, 32, of Barbourville, and Robert Moore, 45, of Barbourville, were indicted on one count of manufacturing methamphetamine, first offense by knowingly and unlawfully possessing chemicals and/or equipment used for the manufacture of methamphetamine with the intent to manufacture methamphetamine. Allsup was also indicted on one count of persistent felony offender in the first degree by being convicted of three prior felonies.